* Unless otherwise noted, all messages will be offered by GNH minister Rev. Doug SlaglSeptember Messages
Theme for the Month: “Standing on the Solid Foundation of Ideals”
- Sunday, September 15th: Standing on the Solid Foundation of Ideals: the UUA’s 4th Principle.
“A free and responsible search for truth and meaning;”
- Sunday, September 22nd: Music Director Michael Tacy speaks. “The American Dream.” Michael will discuss his familial Heritage by telling the story of how his family came from Mexico in pursuit of the American Dream. He will discuss the challenges and discrimination that immigrants face and how it’s changed since his mother came to the US. He also hopes to share some of the philosophy adopted by his family, a largely matriarchal family with Mayan Heritage who have interesting and progressive views.
Sunday, September 29th: Member Joel Araujo guest speaks.
“Our little light, That is Dappled with Shadow.” The concept of light has been used as a symbol for both divinity and humankind’s potential for centuries. Join us at The Gathering at Northern Hills as Joel Araujo speaks to this timeless theme.
Theme for the Month: Are We Having Fun Yet? Rev. Doug will explore the many ways that a fun and playful spirit is valuable – even in troubled times. Join the fun on the below Sundays – 10:45 AM!
- Sunday, October 6th: “Are We Having Fun Yet? We Should!”
- Sunday, October 13th, Coffeehouse Family Service: “It’s OK to Not Act Our Age!”
- Sunday, October 20th: “Are We Having Fun Yet? Let’s Be Romantic!”